You are expected to use the concepts from the various aspects of the course as a basis for your arguments: the assigned readings during the…
You are expected to use the concepts from the various aspects of the course as a basis for your arguments: the assigned readings during the semester. You should use at least 6 concepts from the course in your assignment. However, the exact number of different concepts/theories you use is less important than the quality of your argument and analysis.
Compatiblism Discuss why Compatablism is the only viable position in the debate between free will and determinism
Discuss why Compatablism is the only viable position in the debate between free will and determinism
To help continue to make the connections between business ethics concepts and real-world application, you will you will select an ethical issue you care about…
To help continue to make the connections between business ethics concepts and real-world application, you will you will select an ethical issue you care about that was not already debated in class, conduct research from at least two highly credible sources in addition to the textbook, and write a paper.
1. Select and research an ethical related topic: Possible topics include but are not limited to:
o Organizations and individuals doing “the right thing” or practicing poor ethics.
o Social responsibility; employment discrimination, harassment.
o Current business scandals; corporate codes of ethics; CEO compensation.
o Corporate ethics: i.e. insider trading; whistle-blower investigation; criminal fraud
o Privacy issues: consumer privacy; workplace surveillance issues
o Environmental abuses by corporations; product dumping.
o Outsourcing, employment abuses such as wages, working conditions, child labor
Example “Positive” Topics
• The most ethical Bay Area companies to work for
• The core values of being an American
• Best Companies to work for
• Review the corporate social responsibilities or environmentally ethical practices of a company of your choice
Example “Negative” Topics
• Explore how climate change is impacting California through the cal-adapt.org
• International sweat shops: children in India forced to make holiday decorations; Chinese labor camps
2. Research and Cite a minimum of two high credible sources in addition to the textbook: Research sources published ideally in the last three to six months, but they can also be from any time in 2015-18. Books used can be older. Use respected, recognized national or international news sources such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Washington Post, Business Week, or Forbes. You may also use a local publication such as The San Francisco Chronicle. Sources such as Wikipedia, Ask.com, and Youtube are examples of sources not acceptable for this assignment. Online links to numerous credible sources are available through the Library Guide (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. in the “Modules” section of Canvas.
3. Write a minimum of 4 page double-spaced paper
o Assignments must be typed using 12 point Arial, Times New Roman, or Cambria font size and a 1” margin space along borders.
o Margins may not be wider than 1” on any of the four sides.
o One page = one full page, not ¼, or ½ page. Each 1/4 less than the assigned length will receive up to a 15% reduction per quarter page less than the assigned length.
o DO NOT TURN IN YOUR FIRST DRAFT. 75% of your time writing should be spent first revising your first draft for organization and clarity and then proofreading your second draft for grammar and punctuation. Plan to review the paper 3-4 times before submitting a college level paper free of spelling and grammatical errors.
o Reference all the material in your work using MLA format. This includes the textbook, websites, articles, books, manuals, emails, or interviews. These citations should be made at the conclusion of the document with a new heading titled “References, “Bibliography” or “Works Cited.”
• Grade will be reduced for papers less than three pages, or work not written at college level English.
4. On the top of the paper write your name, the date, and the title of the assignment: Business Ethics Brief on the upper right side of the page. Then provide a title describing the topic you are covering and a summary of the article in your own words. Include:
1. What is the Reason you selected the topic? Why does this topic interest you.
2. Why is the topic important? This can be the importance this topic has to you as well as others.
3. Summary: Summarize the articles in 3 to 4 paragraphs in your own words without plagiarizing (copying word-for-word) or paraphrasing (changing a few words).
4. Ethical Concepts Raised: Provide clear analysis of at least four ethical concepts in at least three separate chapters that have been discussed such , Golden rule ,universal ethics , virtue ethics from chapter one , Second organization behaviors , the ethics of whistle -blowing from chapter 8 this course from various chapters 1-10 (not just one chapter) as they relate to your topic. Demonstrate in your analysis that you understand and can apply each ethical concept to the topic you selected.
5. Your opinion: Give your personal opinions and explain why. This could include the relevance of the topic to your life, career and/or education.
6. Cite your work: Include citations in correct MLA format. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. This paper will be examined for originality using plagiarism detection software, VeriCite.
Peer review paper Using the APUS Online Library, select a peer reviewed article that is no more than 5 years old that interests you personally,…
Peer review paper
Using the APUS Online Library, select a peer reviewed article that is no more than 5 years old that interests you personally, however, it must be related to all or a combination of the following topic areas:
National security law
Homeland security laws, policies, and executive orders
Immigration and border security
Prepare a 3 page critical analysis of the article. A critical analysis includes:
An Introduction – introduce the thesis
Summary – provide the main idea
Analysis – critically state the positive and negative points of the article and assess if the intended goal of the author was met
Conclusion – summarize the main ideas
Include at least 2 additional references as part of your critique (to support your analysis).
Suppose a large number of new immigrants enter the labor market. What will be the effect of this on wages and output in the short…
Suppose a large number of new immigrants enter the labor market. What will be the effect of this on wages and output in the short run and in the long run?
Max word limit 1200.
Answer question by specifically separating answers related to wages and separate to output and separate for long term and short term effects. Add graphs preferably to prove results.
Essay should not be a textbook representation of e.g., Solow growth model. It is not just about macro theory per se, but how you would utilize macro theory knowledge to discuss some contemporary macro/policy issues. However do show knowledge of macro theory.
On last page of your essay, you need to arrive at some conclusion. How could it be accomplished? It helps to think what motivating question is, and what message you would like to convey with your essay
Use more sources if needed
Healthcare Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Locate your nursing home’s HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and your state rules regarding medical information privacy…
Healthcare Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
Locate your nursing home’s HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and your state rules regarding medical information privacy practices and medical recording retention and respond to the following:
1. Provide an electronic copy of your nursing home’s HIPAA Privacy Notice. After reviewing this policy, discuss any practices that your nursing home has implemented to safeguard resident privacy. If you are not currently associated with a nursing home, locate a HIPAA Privacy Notice from your physician or a local health care provider and discuss how you would implement practices to ensure patient privacy.
2. Provide an electronic copy of your nursing home record retention policy. If you are not associated with a nursing home, create a record retention policy based on your state’s laws. Remember, Medicare mandates that medical records be kept for 5 years, but many states have laws with higher standards.
3. Why would mental health, substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS-related health care information be held to a higher privacy standard than other types of health care?
4. Review the HIPAA Privacy website. Locate the section on fines, penalties, and sanctions. What are the possible outcomes for a HIPAA Privacy Violation (fines, sanctions, and criminal/civil findings). Please be specific.
5. Explain the following:
a.Who is responsible for the accuracy and completion of the medical records in the nursing home?
b.What requirements exist in your state nursing home regulations regarding medical records?
c.What are some of the key components of accurate medical records documentation?
d.Are there any special considerations for electronic medical record storage and management?
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS – although i would like APA format there does not have to be any running header – The title page should just read as follows – (no title or running header needed)
LTC 352.Long Term Care Laws and Regulations
Professor Steven Chies
Each Question 1 through 5 above must be included in the paper ( copied and pasted ) – after each question the answer is to be addressed. So rather then a free flowing paper each question is answered as separate entities. eg copy and paste question 1 and then answer it..copy and paste question 2 – answer it etc on question 5 there is also and a. b. c. and d. each should be answered under #5 and then each separate letter question 5 a. – 5b. etc..
I do not work in a nursing home so please base this paper as requested in the above assignment for an individual who does not work in a nursing facility. I live in the State of RI and would like this assignment based on the Federal and state laws / rules and regulations for the state of RI for the questions above. .. thank you
Here are my lecture notes as well.
The purpose of this lesson is to provide you with information about the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) issued two rules in conjunction with HIPAA:
1. The Privacy Rule (effective 2003)
2. The Security Rule (effective 2005)
The Privacy Rule standards address the use and disclosure of individuals’ health information, called “protected health information” (PHI). Organizations subject to the Privacy Rule are called “covered entities”. HIPAA established national standards for individuals’ privacy rights to understand and control how their health information is used. Within HHS, the Office for Civil Rights (“OCR”) has responsibility for implementing and enforcing the Privacy Rule with respect to voluntary compliance activities and civil money penalties.
A major goal of the Privacy Rule is to assure that individuals’ health information is properly protected, while allowing the flow of health information needed to provide and promote high-quality health care and to protect the public’s health and well-being. The Privacy Rule strikes a balance that permits important uses of information while protecting the privacy of people who seek care and healing. Given that the health care marketplace is diverse, the rule is designed to be flexible and comprehensive to cover the variety of uses and disclosures that need to be addressed (US Department of Health and Human Services, 2013).
HIPAA established a national standard of health care privacy, and it has transformed the privacy of medical information dramatically. Many states have their own set of laws surrounding medical information confidentiality. If a state law is more restrictive than HIPAA, then the state law prevails. Otherwise, states must follow HIPAA. It is important to be aware of your state medical privacy and confidentiality laws.
The HIPAA Security Standards for the Protection of Electronic Protected Health Information (the Security Rule) established a national set of security standards for protecting certain health information that is held or transferred in electronic form. The Security Rule operationalizes the protections contained in the Privacy Rule. Prior to HIPAA, no generally accepted set of security standards or general requirements for protecting health information existed in the health care industry. At the same time, new technologies were evolving, and the health care industry began to move away from paper processes and rely more heavily on the use of electronic information systems to pay claims, answer eligibility questions, provide health information, and conduct a host of other administrative and clinically based functions. Today, providers are using clinical applications such as electronic health records (EHR) and are providing electronic access to claims and care management as well as member self-service applications. While this means that the medical workforce can be more mobile and efficient, the rise in use of these technologies increases the potential security risks. A major goal of the Security Rule is to protect the privacy of individuals’ health information while allowing adoption of new technologies to improve the quality and efficiency of patient care. The Security Rule was designed to be flexible and to adapt to changing technology.
OCR may impose penalties for a failure to comply with a requirement of the Privacy Rule. Penalties will vary significantly depending on factors such as the date of the violation, whether the covered entity knew or should have known of the failure to comply, or whether the covered entity’s failure to comply was due to willful neglect. Civil monetary penalties are substantial and can range from $100 to $50,000 per violation.
Medical record management is a key element of health care and ultimately the responsibility of the nursing home administrator. While the facility owns this medical record, a resident (and/or their legal representative) has a right to access all of the information in the medical record. HIPAA sets rules in regard to providing patients with copies of their health record information for an acceptable fee, meaning the normal charge for photocopying in the community. Awareness of record retention laws is important. Medicare mandates that medical records be kept for 5 years, and many states have laws with higher standards.
Mental health, substance abuse, and HIV and AIDS-related health care information is held to a higher privacy and confidentiality standard. Residents retain the right to restrict access in these categories.
Nursing homes have a high degree of responsibility and liability around safeguarding health care information. All facilities must train their staff in the HIPAA privacy and security standards and must have written policies. Nursing home administrators have the ultimate responsibility to ensure resident records, and PHI are kept confidential and secure.
The medical record, as stated previously, is not a public document. Its primary goal is continuity of care. Charting by professionals must be current, truthful, and accurate. Good quality documentation will be objective and fact based, not subjective or emotion based. What is written may someday be used as part of legal proceedings. Documentation must be timely. In paper records, corrections are made by drawing a line through the error and initialing the deletion. A correction should be made, including the date and time. Late entries or changes to an electronic medical record should follow facility policy and legal requirements. A person with applicable training may be placed in charge of maintaining the medical records at the delegation of the administrator.
Residents must be informed in writing of all care and treatments. The admission/initial consent may include the general plan and services of the facility. In the situation of medical or surgical procedures, the patient and/or their responsible party must be provided risk versus benefit information, explanation of expected outcomes, and give written permission in the form of informed consent. If he/she cannot understand the procedure, he/she should be allowed to ask questions. Medical consent must be in the language of the resident.
Most of us believe that our medical and other health information is private and should be protected, and we want to know who has this information. The Privacy Rule gives residents rights over their health information and sets rules and limits on who can look at and receive their health information. The Security Rule is a federal law that requires security for health information in electronic form. It is the responsibility of the administrator to be knowledgeable about HIPAA and to ensure that all employees are fully aware of these rules and how to comply with them.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Office for Civil Rights. Health Information Privacy. Retrieved 11/1/18
Six Strategic Challenges Develop a 4 – 5 page essay that fully responds to the following prompt: Prompt: The Department of Homeland Security’s 2014 Quadrennial…
Six Strategic Challenges
Develop a 4 – 5 page essay that fully responds to the following prompt:
Prompt: The Department of Homeland Security’s 2014 Quadrennial Homeland Security Review identifies six strategic challenges (found on page 28 of this document) that it believes will drive risks facing the nation over the next several years. Explain the process used by local communities (counties or cities) in determining which of these threats pose the greatest risks to their respective communities, and how these communities prioritize their resources in attempting to prevent or mitigate these threats. In addition, what steps and actions might be taken by these communities to prepare for such events in a proactive and effective manner?
(Note: The six strategic challenges are: The terrorist threat, cyber threats, biological concerns, nuclear terrorism, transnational criminal organizations and natural hazards. Do not confuse these with the Department of Homeland Security’s five missions)
Sources: You are not limited to the assigned readings within this course for your research. Research outside of assignment readings is encouraged. You must use and document in your paper, a minimum of five academically acceptable resources for this assignment.
Data Set Title Data Set Prefered Language style English (U.S.) Type of document Essay Number of pages/words 3 Pages Double Spaced (approx 275 words per…
Prefered Language style
Type of document
Number of pages/words
3 Pages Double Spaced (approx 275 words per page)
Number of sources/references
Please try different types of graphs and show all work. On the basis of your comparison of 2012 and 2013 NCVS data, enter data in Minitab software to:
•Incorporate NCVS crime data and test a hypothesis based on your research topic on a binomial distribution. For example, you could test the hypothesis that being male and less than 25 years of age increases the likelihood of being the victim of a homicide.
•Use the NCVS data to build a table in Minitab including standard demographic variables comparing victimization rates by age and gender between the two years.
•Use the data in your Minitab table to select a graph and prepare a chart to support your hypothesis. Present your Minitab spreadsheet as a table in a Microsoft Word document.
•Based on your readings analyze your findings for male and female victims creating charts from the data in your table to support your findings.
Please note this is a Master level assignment. Please use in-text citation.
Hi Brian, You have helped me with the literature review. I have drafted the second part of this research part and I need your help…
You have helped me with the literature review. I have drafted the second part of this research part and I need your help on the Research methodology, findings and anaylsising the data collected from the interviews. I have attached the interview questions and data on excel sheet (but not completed yet for hospital selayang) I will sent you the rest of the data next week.
Finally, please help to conclude.
I also attached a paper on medical adoption by writer B. M. Ghodeswar for your kind reference.
PLACE THIS ORDER WITH STUDY TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT.
The post Assignment appeared first on Study Term Papers.
Write an essay on your choice of the following topics: • Alzheimer’s disease • Explain the pathophysiology of the disease • Discuss common clinical manifestations…
Write an essay on your choice of the following topics:
• Alzheimer’s disease
• Explain the pathophysiology of the disease
• Discuss common clinical manifestations
• List differential diagnoses
• Determine which lab tests would confirm the diagnosis and expected results
• Analyze a current protocol for treatment and discuss how the treatment works from the pathophysiological perspective
• Categorize several (at least three) types of dementia
• Explain the relationship between strep throat and glomerulonephritis
• Perform a literature search on urinary incontinence. How do the pathophysiologic characteristics and management of stress, urge, overflow, and mixed incontinence differ? Please cite at least two scholarly articles in addition to your textbook
The post Alzheimer’s disease appeared first on Essay Firm.